About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Friday, December 8, 2017

Hands to serve Him


I have been doing a 
LOT of mixed media, lately.

I enjoy it.

Well, some of it is not my favorite, but I leave that alone-😀😁😂🤣😃

I made this mitten as an ornament, several years ago. 
I have sold LOTS of them.

I know...my friend keeps asking for a pattern.😉🙄😕😛

Maybe this will work.😁😂🤣😃

This is one of my most 
favorite sayings.

I will never apologize
 for sharing my faith.

I look at my art as
 an extension 
of my ministry.

I typed my saying on a computer.

If you have a laser printer, then you can just decoupage it onto your project.

If you have an ink jet printer, you will need to spray your copy with a couple of light coats of clear spray varnish, preferably matte or satin.
If you do not do this, it will smear.

These pictures show what I used.
You adjust to what you have
and what you like.

My surface was a 4 inch canvas.





So, begin by painting your back and edges of your surface 
with the color of your choice.
I used Extreme Sheen on mine.


Tear small pieces of decoupage paper.
I use small pieces to add texture.
Use a whole piece if you wish.
Use paint if you don't want to use paper.
Attach them with Matte Decoupage.


Apply your colors of choice. 
It takes very little media paint.
I also thinned it a bit with water.
I despise wasted paint, so I used just a drop or two of each color, adding more if needed.




Cut out or paint your mitten.
Color as you wish.

I cut the heart separately.

Attach with Matte Decoupage.

I like to dry brush 
my edges with Payne's Grey.

I outlined the 
mitten and heart 
with a 
medium charcoal pencil.

The words were attached 
and lightly painted, 
because of the 
bright white paper.

If you use a Charcoal pencil, 
be sure to 
spray varnish
 your project
 so it won't smear.

Have fun putting 
your spin on a 
similar project.

I am simply blessed 
to create~charlotte♡



Yes, by all means, resize it as you wish.

It is always a kind thing to give an Artist credit when you make something similar from their pattern or instructions.😉🤗




4 comments:

  1. As always a truly beautiful piece of art. Thank you so much for sharing your process :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have been itching to do some mixed media work but fear I'll go broke buying 'all the things'. I'm making another batch of your snowman wineglass candle/candy dish things this year. I forgot how fun they are to paint and each one's personality emerges as I paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nadine.I have missed you!

      You must try mixed media! Just use what you have! This is the one thing that really, you can use whatever! Since you LIKE to hunt for treasures, find some old music and an old book/dictionary, and there you have your backgrounds! You have paints, so you are ready to go. There are tons of videos on you tube to watch to inspire you. So, get going I know you will love it! Yes, I could very well be an art dealer..you know, like a drug dealer...🤤lol

      Delete
  3. Too cute.. love it.. thanks for the pattern for the mitten!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡