About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hooooowdeeeeeeee...I'm just so PROUD to be here.



My prayers for those in the path of the storms and clean-up, paths of the fires, smoke, earthquakes, and struggles of living.

Hang on and keep praying and believing.



As I was getting ready to pack my 6 etsy orders last week,  I kept remembering one of the reasons I knew I needed a blogging break.

And, I made it to 506 Orders on etsy! 😊😚



I was scrolling through Google+ and came upon a short blog.  The person had placed an order, and when she got it, it had been placed in a peanut can, and she was so horrified, she blogged about it.

Now, y'all have had 2 reactions, probably.
1. You gasped.
2. You giggled.

I giggled, but then I found myself getting angry.

When did our BEST stop being good enough?

Yes, I understand marketing and branding, and eye candy.

I get It!

I also understand being practical and packing carefully--sometimes, no, often, the two can't be compatible.



But, let's stop for a minute and think of some other factors.

1. I CHOOSE to believe that the seller did the best she could.

I have been in enough teams, and have lived it, that I know, many people who sell are trying to make money. Packing is expensive, and in our throw away world, so many scream for us to recycle! Seems she did just that, so why the disgust? It must have been a clean peanut can, or I am certain the buyer would have included that fact.


2. Didn't the buyer get what she wanted? Would the buyer have bought the item if the seller had increased the item, probably $5 to cover a pretty Packing? It costs MONEY to buy packing materials. A bubble wrap envelop costs up to $2. Tissue paper, strings, tape, boxes--it ain't cheap, folks. My experience is that MOST people want an item as inexpensive as they can get it. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes, cheap means cutting corners somewhere else. It is a principle of business.



3. What happens with that pretty packaging?

I know I am not the only one who has experienced this. I was the "official" wrapper at my house. Yes, I have wrapped my own gift many times, and not ever been tempted to peek!  I often spent Christmas Eve wrapping the presents, as mother prepared the early morning Breakfast. It was tradition for me to hand out the presents, so when finished, I opened mine. I would sit, exhausted from the day before preparations, and look at the pile of torn papers scattered across the floor, thinking of the  hours I had spent taping and stuffing, and how in a matter of 15 minutes, it was over! Daddy brought out the garbage bag and stuffed the too expensive paper in there, as Aunt Lattie frantically tried to save the bows, ribbons, boxes and bags to RECYCLE!



4. Orders have to be mailed.

I cut boxes so that I can hold down costs. I recycle boxes, packing material so I can save my customers some money. At the end of the day, I am going to SAFELY pack a purchase, and safety, for me, is always going to come first. Oh, by the way, "fragile" simply means workers will throw the package under handed, rather than over-handed (a friend told me that)!
Remember--your package is only 1 out of millions!


So, I think you see where I am going with this.

We keep being reminded that KINDNESS MATTERS.

It does.

We need to extend our compassion to all areas of our lives-- whether we be the giver or the taker.



I LOVE getting a pretty package.

What I love MORE, is the thought of loving hands gently creating an item, placing it in a package and proudly sending it my way. It matters not if I bought it, or if it was a gift. I LOVE handmade.

I love being able to afford handmade.

I LOVE that a person did their best for me.



I LOVE thinking GOOD THOUGHTS and sharing them, instead of looking for that one thing that I dislike.

Yes, I am by nature, that person.

I have put hours investing in ME to stop looking for faults.

I have a long way to go.

My bottom line in this post, is, to ACCEPT others faults, just like you want yours accepted.

CHOOSE to believe that others did their best, because I am certain they did. Also, remember they might NOT know any better, either.


We all are raised in different regions with different values.  THAT doesn't make us LESS than someone who has pretty boxes and papers.

Remember--ALWAYS, well, Mother said, "Nothing is 'always' and 'never'", so in her memory:



Most always, it is what is on the INSIDE that counts!

Come on, folks, let's share the GOOD in people.

Again, in that spirit of compassion, I am so glad that the Blogger that posted likes PRETTY packages, tied up with strings...😁😂🤣😎😄😅



As I get older, and my "beauty" has faded, I am trying to create a beautiful heart.



I will make many more blunders, but please, know I am trying to be better.

Thanks for loving me--warts and all.

I am simply blessed to create~charlotte♡

1 comment:

  1. Ok- I giggled.... but then I too go a little bit angry. She had nothing better to blog about?? She needed to take the time to be negative? I just spent 15 minutes packing up some random little gifts- I was searching all over to find the right box that they would make it there in one piece, yet not cost me a fortune to send. LOL I HOPE that when people get these little gifts it IS what is on the inside that counts ;-) and then Mom just packed up 91 pair of brand new underwear to send off to Houston for hurricane evacuees- we used a box I had broken down from a previous shipping- I am pretty sure what is inside is more important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡