About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Little Help for a Friend

 I'm baaaaack!

I have been taking a little break from blogging.

I needed to refresh...make new plans...



You know what, I have no new plans--lol



Even while I was taking some time away, my brain has probably "written" a hundred posts. Seems my brain thinks I have lots of things to share! It appears  other parts of my soul disagree.




I don't think the brain of an artist, no matter the medium used, ever shuts down, but sometimes our body doesn't cooperate.  

I read many posts of friends with health issues. We really never know the obstacles that some face. 

Some of us get tired of the negativity or want to shout, "just DO something." 

In reality, we have no clue. Until we have walked in someone else's shoes, we have no idea of what others face. If you have never had a panic attack, or fear--real or imagined, if you have never dealt with addiction or a family member who struggles with challenges,  then the truth is, we sometimes find it a bit difficult to muster the compassion we should.

Emotions are fickle, but they are real. 

We wonder why some people, who once were active, disappear. A Day goes by, and then a week that turns into weeks and months...



We need breaks from our every day life. 

We need to refresh.

We sometimes learn that the time we spend starring at a phone could be spent in a more meaningful way.




I know that I have met some of the most awesomest of awesome people. If they disappear, then I may not send the cops to check on them, but I will say a quick prayer and shoot off a message.




A few months ago,  a friend shared with me some difficulties she faced. I asked if I could share, and she agreed.

I am not going to go into all the  details, but I want to see if we can help her. She asked me if I had any ideas, and I told her that I probably was not the best person to ask,  because I am always going down a winding path, instead of an easy route--lol



Lorri Allisen has created some of the cutest gingerbreads. What most of us don't know is for 6 years, she has been dealing with Chronic Contact Dermatitis. The swelling and sores on her hands make writing, drawing and painting almost impossible. She has fought depression and financial issues.




On top of this, she has a son who has Autism, but, Praise God, he graduated from High School this last spring, and the joy, both he and his mother feel, is well deserved.  

Lorri, however, has felt great grief on not being able to afford to send him on his senior trip. I noticed she posted that she was planning a trip with Andrew.




Yesterday,  I also noticed that Lorri had combined 2 patterns into one, and had put it on her page. I hurried over and bought it, and painted both of them on Monday-a true LABOR DAY of love.


I think we need to help Lorri sell some patterns, so she can have a great trip with Andrew. Just think, if 25 painters bought 2 patterns,  I bet that would help. We can ALWAYS use more patterns. 

I have 4 picked out that I am going to buy as soon as I get this posted.




We ALL need help from time to time,  so here is an opportunity. Most of us spend $10 on coffee/cokes every week,  so why not give someone in our community a hand up! 

Let's make TODAY a Day of Random Acts of Kindness,  in not a so random way! 

You all can do it! I just know we can! 

Here is the link to her shop

This link will magically take you to Lorries shop

I hope you will each help buy a pattern or two or three or four... It would mean the world to me.

I am thankful each day for the love and support that I receive. I hope Lorri and Andrew will feel it, too!

Thanks for listening...lol

I am simply blessed to create~charlotte ♡






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I'll definitely check out her page. Always good to help a friend. You never know what people are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charlotte for writing this. You are a caring compassionate friend. On my way to ordet patterns. My heart and prayers go out to Lorri and her son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great friend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for always caring, Charlotte. Even though we never met in person, I always had a feeling that you truly CARED about me. I look to my little magnet board to the left of my desk and see your beautiful sunshine and froggie you sent me. They always make me smile - even on my darkest day.

    I am truly blessed to have you as a friend. I know many others feel the same. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡