About Me

My photo
I LOVE to design and to paint whimsical items that will put a smile on your face. Each day I share my simple life with you as I try to encourage, to inspire and sometimes JUST to make you smile as I recount my life growing up on a dairy farm! I've never had many material items in my life, BUT I have been blessed beyond words with love and encouragement from WONDERFUL Parents who instilled in me WHAT was important. I have had EVERYTHING that I needed and WAY too much of what I wanted. I am slowly learning to be a better person each day through my interactions with my friends on Facebook. Some day I hope to be as good as people seem to THINK I am! I am BLESSED! Welcome to my little corner of the world...Please stop by and visit often!

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Serendipity Sunday: Thankful for the Laborers



It has been over a week, and I am still thinking that I have had my fill of seeing butt cheeks, crack indentions, spandex, and fit people for another four years...



Yep, I enjoy watching the Olympics and rooting for the underdogs, hearing inspiring stories, and feeling the pride as the American Anthem is played.  I am a PROUD American! 



I STAND to show respect for her citizens, and no, I have NEVER been taught to place my hand over my heart when the anthem is played, so get over THAT, but I have been taught to stand, remove my hat, keep my mouth SHUT, and reflect on my life that I am so blessed to have.






We are not perfect, because we are made of a country of imperfect people, but I STILL feel proud.



As we pause for a moment on this long weekend to remember the LABORERS, I want to give a Shout Out of Thanks to every single person that works to keep the wheels turning.



We sure do complain when we don’t get good service, or service that we THINK we deserve, but I am too afraid to think of what would happen if You or I were in charge, because, I read your posts…






It takes ALL of us, working together and doing the best we can.



We MUST allow others the same respect.  Sure, it would be nice if everyone had the same work ethics or abilities, but we don’t. 



We MUST allow others to do the best they can.  Making rude remarks, clearing our throats, humming and hawing does NOTHING to improve a situation and it makes US look like the fool!






BE KIND…BE PATIENT…BE ENCOURING…HELP…Speak words of kindness…slow down…think about how YOU want to be treated…realize that it PROBABLY is not all about YOU, that there are other people in the world, and you are only ONE small piece of a HUGE puzzle.



I was raised by a Father who worked 52 weeks a year, 7 days a week, but NEVER did I hear him complain.  He taught me that when things broke, then it was just “payment coming due” for the time that it worked without fault.  Oh, how I am trying to remember that, my sweet Daddy.




My parents never complained about the money we needed.  They did whatever they could to ensure that we had every opportunity available to us, and did what they could to make sure we got to participate.  Daddy joked that when we were young, he couldn’t keep change in his pocket, but as we got older, his pocket was filled with change, but his billfold was empty!  I laughed as he would jokingly put out his hand for “change” when he sent me to purchase something, and how I would do the same to him, when I asked him to get something for me.  So much fun we had!!  Not only did they NOT complain, but gave thanks for what we had, and shared whenever it was asked, or needed.




I am thankful that I had parents who didn’t complain about people, about how we were being mistreated, or got poor service, or talked about people or teachers, or constantly shared about their every ache and pain, their having to wait for us to finish a task or event…I am THANKFUL that social media was not in my childhood, because I would have missed out on friendships and gathering at the homes of family friends. 






I am thankful for the work ethics I was taught…that ANY job worth doing was worth doing well…that I was not expected to be PAID for every act of kindness I did…that doing for others was important and expected, for those with much are expected to give more…that there is no way to out give God…that I am expected to use my talents for the community and for others…that I am to say PLEASE and THANK YOU and to really care about others…that it is NOT all about me…that I am to share…to live by the Golden Rule…that God will ALWAYS provide and will ALWAYS KEEP His promises…that GOD is the center of all and the head of my life…






I am grateful that I was PUSHED and yes, MADE to do things that I didn’t want to do.  I learned that sometimes, we must do things we don’t want to do.  I learned that I was able to do more than I thought I could.  I learned that I don’t like doing some things, but that I DID like doing other things.



I am Thankful that I was taught that no one is beneath me.  Yes there are people who do not value the things I do, but NOBODY is inferior to me.  ANYONE who works an honest job for honest pay is to be valued.






I am thankful that I was taught that MONEY was not the only reason for me to work.  When I accepted my first job in 1984 for $10,000 plus housing, I complained to my Daddy as I was trying to decide what to do.  He looked at me and said, “I wish I could be guaranteed $10,000 every year.”  I was ashamed. NEVER did I ever complain about the money I made, and YES, I think I was over-paid for some of the jobs I did.  Thank you, Daddy for showing me by example.






Father God, my prayer, today, is one of gratitude.  I am blessed with gifts beyond monetary value.  I am thankful and humbled.  I pray for those who work with physical and emotional pain, and I pray for health for them.  I pray for those who struggle, even though they are doing the best they can.  I pray for those who are selfish, that their hearts will be touched to find importance in things that really matter. I pray for those searching for employment~~send them WHERE they belong as a part of Your Plan.  I pray that I will always feel compelled to go the extra mile, as a reflection of YOU and of your love for me.  Thank You, God, for your loving watchcare over me.  Bless all of my internet friends and make their homes safe and beautiful harbors of Your Grace…It is in the name of Jesus Christ, Your Son and My Lord and Saviour, that I pray, Amen.




I am simply blessed to create~~charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. In case you haven't been told, you are loved!~~charlotte♡